Strategic Communications / Mercury in Scorpio

September 27, 2020 Author Debra DeLeo-Moolenaar

Did you know that the spoken word makes up only 7% of that which is considered necessary for effective communication? The remaining 93% is down to tone of voice and body language.

It only makes sense that if you want to be both heard and understood you’ll need to adapt your style of communication to take all this into account. You’ll also need to take into account Mercury. 

Mythical Mercury presides over communication of all sorts. He is the psychopomp that brings that which lies hidden in the unconscious into consciousness. Astrological Mercury is symbolic of how this happens.  

Each of the twelve zodiac signs has a uniquely different style to this and when Mercury changes sign, which he does roughly once a month, the most effective communicative style changes along with him.

From now until the end of October, when he goes retrograde back into Libra for a bit, Mercury, is the sign of Scorpio. Here, Mercury wears his psychopomp hat; here is he both strategic and probing. Mercury in Scorpio knows that each and every one of us has a motive for that which we think, say, and do; this Mercury makes it his job to get to the bottom of everything, including that which you never even realised was happening. To get the best of this energy, be both cautious and circumspect. There are strings attached to everything and wouldn’t you be better off if you were the one pulling those strings?

To accomplish this, remember that Mercury in Scorpio has a way of knowing the unseen undercurrents in play. Emotionally, he feels his way through every communicational exchange. Ensure that you are the one leading the way through this and there are some excellent techniques to achieve this.

If you would like to know more, register your interest in my brand new workshops called The Art of Influence & Persuasion. Communication is two way street and so why not learn to always use to your best advantage?

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram